10: One Year In: Reconnect With Yourself
This one is dedicated to you, the Mamas out there!
Thank you for joining me for the tenth episode of GENUINE, the podcast. It has been a whole year since we were immobilized by the lockdown and stricken by the panic and fear of the pandemic. A full year has passed since our collective world altered irrevocably, and I hold in my heart all the pandemics of racism that have unfurled amongst so much angst, pain, and grief.
It has been a torturous year for all of us. So I will bare my heart and share some of my story with you today. I always wanted kids, and I am super glad that I waited a long time to have them. But I am a writer, a creator, a dreamer, and a visionary. I am constantly burning with the desire and the need to create. So, I never wanted to be with them full-time. Although I am always burning with the awareness of what’s possible, it wasn’t until the enforced presencing with my young family last year that I allowed myself to settle fully into my bones as a mother. And it has been challenging!
I have recently been unpacking some of the places I have been stuck, that I didn’t even know about. And I have also tentatively started to trust myself. The only thing that has kept me alive, and allowed me a semblance of sanity over the past year, is the ability to be present.
So I invite you to settle down for a moment and travel back in time with me as I open my heart and share the story of how I created the foundation of the work I have devoted my life to do.
- I never even knew I had fear until I had children. And I never really understood the word anxiety until we hit the pandemic. It is shocking how much it hurts!
- Worldwide, we have hit more than two-and-a-half million deaths from Covid-19.
- I can’t shake off the awareness of the racial pandemic our country continues to face.
- I have been unpacking some of the places I have been stuck and learning to trust myself.
- I share the story about how my friend and I birthed a potent practice to guide us through the creative process. It created the foundation of the work I would devote the rest of my life to doing, called The Presence Point. It is six steps to expressing from genuine presence.
- I have always believed in omens and signs from life that point you where you need to go.
- I wrote a whole draft of a book but did not publish it because I realized that I had an important choice to make first.
- The six steps of The Presence Point became the foundation of the work that I did with hundreds of leaders, through my first business.
- Six years ago, I wanted to create a podcast to showcase the power of someone who genuinely sparks in the world. And I also co-wrote a book with my cousin, called The Harmony of Dissonance.
- In 2018, I decided to focus on the work that was burning within me.
- When the pandemic hit a year ago, it felt like everything shattered.
- I finally realized that it was time to stop holding back.
- I am now at the center of myself and ready to share my core work with you.
- Step one is to be present with your experience, no matter what.
Join Sarah for a special one-hour zoom session designed to help you reconnect to yourself at GENUINE: https://genuinenetwork.org/
Thanks to Paul and Melissa Perley for the music: http://www.paulperleycellos.com/
Check out Robin Sol Lieberman at: https://lifehoney.com/
Join GENUINE, the community to enter the conversation and step into our Positive Mind Challenge: https://genuinenetwork.org/